Miss Brooklyn


Monday, July 19, 2010

Oh My Gosh!

Our Captain, here, was the Queen of Silly Bands!
(and also took a real liking to Claire's crown)

Claire and I were able to take some beautiful pictures with the city in the background!
(I spared you the one of me eating the Brooklyn Bridge :D )
I almost forgot to tell you about the fun appearance that Claire and I were able to do before I came home to Alabama for the week! Last Sunday, July 11, Claire and I were fortunate enough to be invited on the Princess and Pirate Kiddie Cruise around Manhattan! Before Miss NY, I was able to book this appearance and then thought it would be so much fun if Claire was able to be a true princess for all of the girls as Miss New York!
We had a great time painting faces, watching puppet shows and signing autographs for all of the children. Claire was so prepared that she brough three of her local crowns so that each young lady would have the opportunity to wear a Miss America crown and take pictures with us!

What was great, though, is that we were able to be a part of not one, but two birthdays! Both young ladies were named Katelyn!
This is Katelyn #1- It was her 6th birthday.

And this is Kately #2- It was her 7th!

We had a great time promoting the Miss America Organization to all of the young ladies aboard the cruise as well as some of the staff! People were very interested in how to become involved in Miss Brooklyn and Miss New York (score!)

Hopefully there are many more wonderful appearances to come between now and the end of my Miss Brooklyn reign!

Catch you next time,

Mallory


No comments:

Post a Comment