Miss Brooklyn


Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Miss New York- The Aftermath!


Joelle and I after the Miss NY's Outstanding Teen Pageant where she also finished 1st Runner-up!

Oh my goodness! I think I am finally rested! Today is the first day I was able to sleep late and it was fantastic! What a wonderful week I had in Albany and I could not be more proud to announce Claire Buffie, Miss Southeast NY, as the new MISS NEW YORK 2010!!! Finishing first runner up was quite the honor! I left with a little over $4,000.00 in scholarship money to put towards school! THAT is amazing and will certainly be helpful in the coming months as I decide where and what school that I would like to attend!
Claire and I, along with a few others, had a GREAT week together hanging out and enduring rehearsals. I had the most amazing experience- one that I will treasure forever. The week was full of many exciting activities, some of which I was able to tell you briefly about in my last post. Also, congratulations to Ali Stroming, Miss New York's Outstanding Teen! Ali is a BEAUTIFUL ballet dancer and young woman as well. She will surely make the state of New York proud at Miss America's Oustanding Teen in August!

By Saturday night, my feet were killing me, but I was so happy to have had such a wonderful week with so many amazing ladies! One of my favorite people of the week, though, was Mrs. Diane. I'm sure that all of the girls can attest that she was the most loving, motherly figure for all of us during our stay! All of the directors and board members made the week so relaxed and fun- I truly could not have asked for more.

Now on to more appearances! As listed before, on July 11th hopefully a few of us will be on a Princess and Pirate kiddie cruise around Manhattan! Following that, on the 25th, Joelle and I will be making a huge appearance at the Brooklyn Cyclone's Game. I am SUPER stoked about both of those! As of now, I still have not heard back from Boys and Girls Club or Girls Inc., but I am certainly trying. Keelie gave me some great advice about how to get through...so hopefully that will work out soon.

Along with my Miss Brooklyn agenda, I have decided I am ready to splash into the land of the entertainment industry! So... if anybody knows anyone, let me know. I am ready! I went on my first audition yesterday for Celebrity Cruise lines- let's keep our fingers crossed!

Love you all and THANK YOU for all of your support!

Mal Pal Little Gal

No comments:

Post a Comment