Miss Brooklyn


Saturday, June 12, 2010

The Final Count Down!

Da na nuh na...da na nuh nah nuh...the final count down!!!! Yes..that is me singing. Not very well, mind you, but I only have NINE days until I leave for Miss New York and I could not be more excited to go to Albany! I am focused and ready for the job that is Miss New York. I feel as though everything in my life has fallen in to place for this dream to come true. Now... I just have to make it happen!
My best friend Ali has been sending me daily inspirational quotes and so far this is my favorite:
“Love never fails; Character never quits; and with patience and persistence; Dreams do come true.”
- Pete Maravich I believe it. The love of my family and friends has never once failed me. If anything, it has been the backbone that I have always needed to propel me forward. Good character is something that is, unfortunately, hard to come by. However, my parents have been the perfect examples of love, acceptance, forgiveness and honesty- never once faltering. It has taken a lot of patience in my life to understand that persistence will pay off. In competing for Miss Alabama, I was no where near mature enough to be a state title-holder. I've never been more ready than I am now and I can only put forth %100 to make my dreams come true.
So I will continue these next couple of days full-speed ahead. I am still in the works with Morton's Steakhouse and The Boys and Girls Club to promote my platform in the next few weeks- so I am going to put it in to the universe and make it happen! I look forward to packing and heading to Penn Station. My goal is to leave NYC as Miss Brooklyn and come back as Miss NY. I can do this!

Hugs,

Mallory

No comments:

Post a Comment